The Savage Grace, the final book in The Dark Divine series, was just released March 13th. Bree is here today to tell us a little more about herself and her writing.
Fill out the form below for a chance to win a copy of The Savage Grace.
3 winners will be picked.
1. How has your writing style or strategy changed as The Dark Divine series has progressed?
Before being published I could write whenever I wanted and be as slow as I wanted--which means that it took me 4 years to write the first book. Now that I write on contract, I've had to learn how to compress my writing process into a much shorter period of time (usually 5-6 months). I strive to find the balance between being a mom and making those tight deadlines--which means I end up putting in a lot of late nights.
2. What are a few of the most surprising things your fans of the series have done?
I always find it funny when fans paint their toenails to match my book covers and then tweet pictures of their feet to me. It's a good thing I am not someone who is grossed out by toes!
3. Can you tell us something that most people may not know about you?
I went to a royal ball in an Austrian palace when I was 17--and all I had to wear was a little red gingham dress. I'm totally going to use that experience in a book someday.
4. You had a pretty scary accident happen to you years ago and it made you want to start writing again. What would you like to tell people who may be putting off their dreams in order to deal with the stresses of life?
I always tell people to think about this question, "If you died tomorrow, what would regret not having done in your life?" Then I tell them to go out and try to work towards that thing. Most dreams take a lot of time to achieve, so the longer you put off trying to strive towards them, the greater you are running the risk of running out of time.
5. What are some of the things that help you if you are having a difficult time writing a certain scene?
I like to go for walks around the lake near my house. I call them "plot walks." Sometimes I go alone just to think, and sometimes I bring my husband along and we talk through the issue. I've also been known to cover my family room walls with giant post-it notes and work the problem out on paper in visual way. Scribbling on the walls always makes me feel a little giddy like a mad scientist.
Publisher: EgmontUSA (March 13th, 2012)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 488 pages
Series: The Dark Divine #3
A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.
Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.
With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.
The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.
- 3 winners will receive a copy of The Savage Grace
- You must be at least 13 (or have permission) to enter.
- Name and email must be provided.
- Extra entries are possible and links must be provided.
- Contest is US only and ends April 13th.
- Once contacted, the winner will have 48 hours to respond.
- The form must be filled out to enter.