1. If you could cast Gwen and Logan's characters for a movie, who would you pick?
JE: I think Emma Watson would make a good Gwen and that Ian Somerhalder would be cool as Logan.
2. HOLY CRAP..I love Ian! Yes, I could totally picture him as Logan.
Who is your favorite character to write about? Who is the most difficult?
JE: I like writing about Vic because he’s so confident and bloodthirsty. Then again, he is a talking sword. LOL. Anyway, he’s just a really fun character to write.
I sometimes have trouble writing the adult characters, especially Grandma Frost, if only because they know things that Gwen doesn’t, and I have to decide what she finds out and when and how it affects her.
3. If you could describe Gwen and Logan's relationship in 3 words, what would they be?
JE: Fun, flirty, complicated.
4. What do you feel is Gwen's best personality trait?
JE: I think one of Gwen’s best traits is her desire to always keep fighting the good fight. Gwen has this big family legacy to live up to, being the Champion of Nike, the Greek goddess of victory, and she’s in a lot of danger from the Reapers, but she always keeps fighting, no matter how bad a situation gets. And they get pretty bad in Kiss of Frost.
5. Do you find YA books to be easier or more difficult to write? Can you share your challenges with each age group?
JE: I think every book is hard to write in its own way. With YA, I think the challenge is to try to capture that YA voice and show your heroine coming into her own – learning about herself and her magic and figuring out who she wants to be. Whereas in an adult book, your heroine might be a little more established in her magic and who is she as a person.
But writing YA has been a fun challenge, and I’ve really enjoyed working on Kiss of Frost and the rest of the books in the Mythos Academy series. I hope everyone has as much fun reading.
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Publisher: Kensington (November 29th, 2011)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Paperback: 368 pages
Series: Mythos Academy #2
Logan Quinn was trying to kill me. My Spartan classmate relentlessly pursued me, swinging his sword at me over and over again, the shining silver blade inching closer to my throat every time. A smile tugged up his lips, and his ice-blue eyes practically glowed with the thrill of battle...
I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I’m going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I’m getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart — the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword — with Logan’s help — I just might die by the sword …
- 1 winner will receive a SIGNED copy of Kiss of Frost.
- You must be at least 13 to enter.
- Name and email must be provided.
- Extra entries are possible and links must be provided.
- Contest is US Only and ends December 6th.
- Once contacted, the winner will have 48 hours to respond.
- The form must be filled out to enter.