Happy New Year! It's a brand new start and I'm really excited for what 2011 may bring. I started blogging last May so this is my first new year as a blogger! I do have a lot of new things I hope to do this next year. I'm so thankful for all the support and friendships I have made through blogging and I love to try to pay-it-forward as often as I can.
Here are some things I hope to do on my blog this year.
- Start a "Ask Confessions" feature where new bloggers can ask questions. I also want to use this to share some of the advice/sites that helped me out as a beginner.
- Feature new bloggers every few months. I did this a few times this past year and met some amazing new bloggers. I had some people help me starting out so I'd like to do the same.
- Feature new books. I want to come up with a good way to feature new books/debut authors this next year. I spent a lot of time reading books from debut authors and focusing on new releases so I'm thinking of how I can bring that to the blog.
- I have a blog make-over coming up in March. I've contacted the fabulous Tawni from The Book Worms and she has agreed to spice up my poor little ole' blog. I can't wait!
- My blogoversary will be between the last week of April and first part of May. I'm not sure what I plan to do yet but I want it to be HUGE.
- If things go as planned, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books and I will be hosting the Haunted Halloween event again! We want to make the next one even BIGGER!
Some personal goals
- Read more review books early! I always wait too long and have to rush to read them in time. I also need to just read more in general. I didn't read nearly as many books this year as I wanted to.
- Set up a schedule! Gah, how I need to do this. I have blog, school, baby, husband, and breathing...something's gotta give! Maybe the breathing? I'm bad to waste time and let my mind wonder around the internet. I know I spend too much time browsing or lurking on twitter. I want to write out a daily schedule so I can get things done. I'd like to do 1 full day of blog work and set up my posts for the week.
- On that same note, I have to make myself do homework earlier. I squeaked by in my Learning Theories and did get an 'A' but I procrastinated way too often and even turned in some assignments late. My next class is Statistics *scary music plays* so I know I can't slack in there. I'm only taking 1 class next semester but in March I have to start taking 2 again so that will be even more of an adjustment.
- Comment on more blogs. I DO visit a lot of blogs (my mind wonders often, remember?) but I never stop to leave comments. I want to do that more often because I know how much comments mean to me.
- Keep my computer more organized. Man, it can get a mess with all the files/sites bloggers and students need. I know most of you know what I'm taking about. I have the new computer I mentioned in my last IMM and I've been fixing my bookmarks and files on here for the past week. I really need to keep up with it better because I do NOT want it to end up being a mess like what was on my old computer.
- Eat better! I know everyone says this every year but I let a lot of things slack off late in 2009. I had been eating well and I felt great. Now I feel 'blah'. Especially in the winter and since we've been stuck in the house for weeks because of the snow. Hopefully if I can at least start with this one, I'll have the energy to do the other things on my list. I hope.